What is the Tzurba M’Rabanan Program?
- The Lax Family Tzurba M’rabanan English Edition is a revolutionary way of learning Halacha, from the Tanach, and sources in the Talmud through to modern day Poskim.
- The sources are presented in original form and are fully translated into English. In the English version a color-coding system is utilized to better organize and present the flow of material.
- Over the course of 5 years, maggidei shiur and talmidim will complete major sugyot of the Shulchan Aruch.
- There are currently over 20,000 people learning the Hebrew program in Israel, and in the short time since its inception, the English version has thousands studying around the world.
- In total there will be at least 27 English volumes
The Patrons of the Edition:
Who is Behind the Lax Family Tzurba M’Rabanan English Series?
Tzurba M’Rabanan was written and collated by Rav Benzion Algazi, Rosh Yeshiva of Yeshivat Hesder Ramat Gan, which paved the way for the Tzurba M’Rabanan Institute,which he established with the encouragement of Rav Mordechai Eliyahu z”l in 2003. There are currently over 20,000 people learning the Tzurba M’Rabanan Hebrew series on a weekly basis.
The Selwyn & Ros Smith and Family Manhigut Toranit Program, founded and directed by Rav Doron Podlashuk, is a five-year post-semicha program in partnership with Eretz Hemdah and World Mizrachi in which students prepare to be Torah leaders in the Diaspora. Manhigut Toranit has translated Tzurba M’Rabanan, making it accessible to the English-speaking population. They have also added further iyun essays in the English Edition.
World Mizrachi, which publishes and distributes Tzurba M’Rabanan, inspires people with a sense of commitment to the Torah, the Jewish people and the Land of Israel. Based in Jerusalem and with branches across the globe, Mizrachi – an acronym for merkaz ruchani (spiritual center) – was founded in 1902 by Rabbi Yitzchak Yaakov Reines, and is led today by Rabbi Doron Perez.